Golden (City), Colorado
|Name||Tiny Home on Foundation (THOF) as Permanent Dwelling Units|
|Zoning Districts||Residential R1, R2, R3 or PUD|
|Municipal Code||Not Found|
|Code Link||http://Not Found/|
A “Tiny Home” is a descriptive term, rather than an official class of construction. Whether it is a home on wheels or simply a small house, Tiny Homes in Golden are regulated depending on their use and the amenities they provide. Most often, we hear of mobile Tiny Homes, those built on a trailer deck with wheels that fall under the RV classification. Read about the differences, here: Tiny Homes in Golden
What do I need to live in a Tiny Home in Golden?
1. A residentially zoned lot (R1, R2, R3, or PUD)
2. A foundation permanently attached to the ground and protected to a 36” frost depth.
3. A minimum 70 square feet; 7’ minimum in any horizontal dimension of a room and a minimum 6’8” ceiling.
4. Includes independent living quarters that provide sleeping, eating, cooking, and sanitation amenities.
5. A toilet and either a shower or tub, connected to City of Golden water and sewer service.
6. Water & sewer tap fees
7. A roof structure meeting wind and snow load requirements of 116 mph at 3 second gusts and exposure C.
8. A City of Golden building permit
How can I move my tiny home to different areas? Mobility often means a RV classification and as such, RVs are limited to locations that allow them, such as RV or mobile home parks.
What if I don’t want to connect to permanent utilities? Whether for reasons of expense or physical limitations, Tiny Homes without connections to permanent water and sewer lines in the city of Golden are only allowed in one of the existing RV parks zoned for temporary residential uses.
1445 105h Street
Golden, CO 80401
Updated: February 2021 – Loran
THIA will be constantly updating the legislation data. Check back often. Suggest A Correction if you are aware of any missing or incorrect information. AND keep scrolling to learn more about getting guidance.
Building Code — Legislation that speaks to how to construct a tiny house.
Zoning Code — Legislation that speaks to how the lot will be used.
ADU — Accessory Dwelling Unit
DMV — Division of Motor Vehicles
IB — Industrialized Buildings
IRC — International Residential Code
PUD — Planned Unit Development
RV — Recreational Vehicle
SF — Single Family Dwelling
T — Transitional Housing
UDO — Unified Development Ordinance
Please Suggest a Correction if you find broken links or misinformation.
Help us continue helping you. Join the Movement and become a THIA Member today!