Saint Croix Falls (City), Wisconsin
|Name||Movable Tiny Home Community|
|Municipality||Saint Croix Falls (City)|
|Zoning Districts||Division 5 - Rural Development District (RD)|
|Municipal Code||Sec. 40-736. - Movable tiny home community|
|Authority||Planning & Zoning Department|
Movable tiny home community may be permitted in the RD District and shall consist of movable tiny homes and provided:
(1) The minimum size of a movable tiny home community shall be five acres.
(2) The maximum number of movable tiny home community shall be 12 per acre.
(3) Minimum dimensions of a site for placement of a movable tiny home shall be 25 feet wide by 40 feet long.
(4) Each movable tiny home shall be separated from another movable tiny homes by a yard not less than 15 feet wide.
(5) Parking shall be provided in accordance with section 40-994 of this chapter.
(6) A movable tiny home community shall permit all items enumerated per RD zoning and in addition shall be permitted accessory structures for offices, multi-use club house, pavilions, open and enclosed storage, private swimming pool, laundry, picnic areas, garages, WiFi antenna, maintenance shed, private roads and walkways and other such support facilities for use and in support of residences of the community and as specified as to size and location in the conditional use permit.
(7) Lot frontage may be calculated off of either a public or private road and shall be so designated in the conditional use permit.
(8) A movable tiny home community shall have a minimum buffer of ten feet from adjoining land uses, and may be up to 25 feet depending on site specific conditions. The buffer will be a mixture of evergreen and deciduous trees, and may also include bushes and shrubs as may be determined as part of a conditional use permit.
(9) Provide a storm shelter or a storm shelter plan for residents.
City of St Croix Falls
710 Hwy 35 So., St. Croix Falls WI 54024
Updated: November 2023 – Laura
THIA will be constantly updating the legislation data. Check back often. Suggest A Correction if you are aware of any missing or incorrect information. AND keep scrolling to learn more about getting guidance.
Building Code — Legislation that speaks to how to construct a tiny house.
Zoning Code — Legislation that speaks to how the lot will be used.
ADU — Accessory Dwelling Unit
DMV — Division of Motor Vehicles
IB — Industrialized Buildings
IRC — International Residential Code
PUD — Planned Unit Development
RV — Recreational Vehicle
SF — Single Family Dwelling
T — Transitional Housing
UDO — Unified Development Ordinance
Please Suggest a Correction if you find broken links or misinformation.
Help us continue helping you. Join the Movement and become a THIA Member today!