Join us at the 2018 Jamboree to celebrate THIA’s Expansion
Originally established in 2015 in conjunction with the Office of Colorado Governor, John Hickenlooper as part of the Blueprint 2.0 initiative and the Tiny Homes Community Master Plan, the Tiny Home Industry Association is expanding its staffing to include a more diverse talent pool within its Board of Directors.
We are proud to be hosted by the 2018 Tiny House & Simple Living Jamboree at the Travis County Expo Center in Austin, TX, August 23 – 26, 2018. We are actively seeking new members and new leadership talent that can help us achieve the following goals:
- To develop, promulgate and publish voluntary, consensus-based, ANSI-accredited building standards whose purpose is to promote the creation of local building regulations that serve to protect the health and safety of the occupants of small residential structures (tiny homes) and to identify and promote the use of other relevant building standards already in existence which also may serve that purpose;
- To promote effective and productive cooperation between tiny home enthusiasts and local building construction policy makers;
- To assist the efforts of private individuals, commercial entities and humanitarian organizations to broaden acceptance of tiny homes as code compliant residential structures on a nationwide basis;
- To encourage and foster collaboration between its member companies in ways that will allow them to better serve the tiny home community;
- To produce and coordinate organized events for its member companies to promote their various goods and services;
- To publish material through various media that explains and promotes the THIA’s objectives, policies, products and services and which explains and advertises the benefits of membership and which identifies and promotes existing commercial members’ businesses and which promotes and furthers the careers and causes of individual non-commercial members;
- To represent the interests of the THIA, its members and the United States of America’s building trades on an international basis;
- To positively and broadly represent the vast array of interests involved in the commercial trades and the non-commercial entities that serve and are served by the tiny home industry and
- To promote the use THIA’s voluntary standards within the context of local building regulations as a means of (a) enhancing local economies; (b) benefiting the health, safety and welfare of local residents and (c) encouraging financially responsible commerce that is driven by the associated activities of the local building trades.
Last year there thousands of tiny house fans that attended this event it Arlington, TX and this year there will be thousands more! Please plan to stop by the THIA display in the Leudecke Arena to discuss how you can help to grow and promote the tiny home industry in your home town.
Attendees of the 2018 Tiny Home & Simple Living Jamboree who stop by the THIA display can apply for a free membership in the THIA through the remainder of 2018. We hope to see you there!
For more information on the Tiny House & Simple Living Jamboree, please visit them:
- Event Website >> National Tiny House Jamboree Website
- Facebook Page >> National Tiny House Jamboree on Facebook
For more information, please contact the THIA staff directly.
Hope to see you in Austin!